Monday, February 18, 2013

President Day

 This Saturday the sun was shining so we decided to see if we could make it to the top of Striped Peak.  We have tried to make it to the top for the past seven years.  We have been trying to figure out why we can never make it to the top because the hike isn't too long (5 miles) and it isn't too steep.  We have done much harder hikes and made it.  So we brought Maggie to see if she could make it to the top.
 Here we go!!!!
 
Well, the boys (and Maggie) made it to the top (and then ran down the mountain). 
Lizzy decided she was tired so we turned around about 30 minutes from the top.  She was sick the day before so I figure she was actually tired but within 10 minutes of turning around she started running down the mountain and didn't stop til we got to the playground.  Man, she is one fast girl.
Lizzy burned her thumb Sunday with a hot glue gun making sock puppets.  The burn looks like a jellybean.  She has been a pretty good sport about it and has learned her lesson about not touching when her mother tells her not to touch.
 Today, I was sitting by myself enjoying embroidering when one by one my children came to sit by me. 
They still love me.
The best of all. . . .
I finished my curtains (well the first one out of four).  I got the fabric in August or September and have looked at it since then.  Chris made the box above the curtains last month.  Then I got the itch to sew the curtains.  Well, I sewed and sewed and I think I did a pretty good job.  I ordered my other curtain rods for my windows and cannot wait to make the other three curtains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment