Saturday, January 12, 2013

Winter Vacation

I have been having problems downloading pictures onto my blog her a couple of weeks now.  Finally, I remember to ask Chris when he was home to help me.  So, I am backtracking and you get to see what we have been doing for winter vacation......

 My traditional picture in front of the tree with Santa hats.
Christmas day!!!!! 
Thomas got a sleeping bag.


(The pictures are out of order.  Don't know why...anyway.....)
I thought this was a funny picture of our dog guarding the stash during the night.  
She slept there quite awhile and then came in our room.

 Henry's pocketknife.  (He had band-aids all over his fingers) 
 I always need to capture Lizzy's excitement.  She has picture like this for each Christmas.  
Lizzy got a bike.



What we did during the break.
 We went on a couple of bike rides on the waterfront trail (even in her PJ's)
 Thomas put together and took apart this clock.  Over and over and over and over and over.
 We played Just Dance.  Lizzy's favorite is a Hanna Montana song called Hoedown.  She had decided she wants to be a cowgirl.  She is so into horses right now.


Henry got a water gun for Christmas.  Maggie loved it.  She ran and ran and ran and Henry would shot at her.  Maggie would be drenched and tired!!!! 
 Henry whittling.  He has made a envelope opener and a sling shot.
We had a great time playing with our new toys.
We built horse stables with blocks Brad sent us, and other creations. I cut on my new cutting boards.  SO FUN to use when it is beautiful.  And many other things!!!!!!  

For New Years Eve, 
We played Just Dance for hours (even the boys, they would not get their pictures taken), had Sundaes with Bananas, then around 11 pm Lizzy make a tent to sleep in that night and the boys played the Lord of the Rings Lego game, Chris slept (long day at work) and I read.  It was a great night.
The next day the kids decided they were going to do the Polar Dip!!!!!
Crazy but not as crazy if we were somewhere actually really cold.  



 They are going in and coming out.  Didn't get them dipping under the water.  They were too fast. 

 Afterwards,  hanging out watching other crazy people.  
I was surprise Lizzy didn't go all the way under, just put to her knees.  She is my cold water girl.  (even yesterday she wanted to put on her swimming suit and play in the water outside.)

1 comment: